Thursday, May 2, 2013

The things we do for our kids

So, my beautiful baby Peyton is growing up and she's tired of wearing her glasses.

I'm totally biased but she has the most perfect face, ever. Seriously, girl has awesome skin and perfect eyebrows.


Last year, our optometrist had spoken to me about a newer type of contact that you can wear overnight. It actually shapes the eye, while you sleep, and when you wake up, you remove the contacts and can see [close] to 20/20 all day. You can read all about Ortho-K here

We had an appointment on Tuesday and her dad and I have decided to go ahead and get her these contacts. Y'all, I could probably go on a Caribbean vacation with the amount we're spending on these contacts. No lie. 

So, why, you might ask am I spending the money, on these contacts, for her? Aside from the fact that she's my child and I would do most anything for her, there are some benefits. 
  • No more glasses slipping down her face while she's cheering, playing softball or doing any other sport. 
  • With these overnights, she will be able to see all day, even at the pool, over the summer and YES, this is a big deal people. We spend A LOT of time at the pool. 
  • No worries about dealing with something getting into her eyes and messing up her contacts. I hated dealing with sand, at the beach, when I had my contacts. No worries of dust, dirt, eyelashes or eye makeup (when she's older) messing with her sight. 
Also, I dealt with wearing contacts for the better part of 10 years and I hated them. I also hated glasses. I still, to this day, believe my Lasik was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have now had 20/20 vision since 2001 and could not ever imagine having to deal with contacts or glasses again.

I'm really excited about this next step for her and I can't believe my baby is growing up! I swear she just came home from the hospital yesterday. 

No comments: