Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cleanse results

Ok, so now for the nitty, gritty deets.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little disappointed with my results on the cleanse but I am trying to remind myself that this is not the 'lose weight phase'
I also know that the scale can be a nasty bitch and I need to pay more attention to the fact that all of my size 8 jeans are now falling off of me.
It seriously looks like I have no ass in them and yet,
my size 6's are still just a bit too tight so,
I'm getting there.

***warning - guys feel free to skip over this part***
Another little bump in my 10 day is that I started my period about day 8 and I think that is why my weight is up a bit.
I have to say that although I was PMS'ing last week, I had no cravings on this cleanse and I didn't feel like a raving bitch at any moment.
I'd call that a freaking win!
I really attribute that to the OmegaPlex and the fish oils calming any anxiety.
***TMI - complete***

Another point to make is that I made it to CrossFit 9 out of the 10 days on my cleanse so I really believe I'm building muscle while losing the fat.
That would explain why the scale didn't go down as much, yet my clothes are fitting better and falling off of me.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Because, really, other than that small amount of dark chocolate I had on my sauteed bananas, I really had no sugar and nothing bad.
I ate ridiculously clean and I am starting to worry that I didn't actually eat enough protein.

Ok, so for before and afters on just the 10 day...can you guys tell a difference because I sure as hell can't.
Blah


So, all in all, the cleanse was a success, I guess.
I feel healthier overall.
My clothes are fitting better.
I'm really not missing any 'bad' foods.

My goals for the next phase or what I've heard referred to as 'the burn phase' is to [hopefully] get down to about 152ish or lower, of course.
That's only 4lbs in the next 14 days.
Can I do it?

Another random thought.
I'm having a really hard time accepting that good fats are ok.
I'm talking avocado, olive oil, grass fed butter.
I know that I probably need to eat more to lose more but that's just such a foreign concept after years of being led to believe that I need to eat less.
Eating more 'clean' foods is the way to go.
I just need to wrap my brain around that.





3 comments:

angeljessie54 said...

how do u grill your bananas?

Melissa said...

found you on the Advocare facebook page... did you take measurements? if not, I would now, so you can see the total inches for the next two weeks... I did weight and measurements and I finish today so plan to have results tomorrow!!!

if your pants are too big, id say thats better than seeing it on the scale!!! I prefer inches, muscle weighs more than fat! and burns more calories than fat! :)

Jenn Ryberg said...

@angeljessie54, I put a tiny bit of kerrygold grassfed butter in my skillet and added the sliced bananas. Topped them with Almond butter and dark chocolate. YUM! Seriously, so good!

@Melissa Folz, I did take measurements and totally forgot to post them. According to my measuring, I only lost a 1/2 inch on my waist so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'll post my measurements tomorrow for sure!