Tuesday, March 5, 2013

This Girl is on Fire

I feel like I'm running on fumes lately. Why you ask?
Single mom
[more than] Full time employee
Church (yay God)
Chauffeur for the kids' activities
Laundry
Dishes
Cooking
Vacuuming
Running
CrossFit-ing
Neighborhood Social Committee (slacking)
Homework (the kid's, not mine)
Dealing with my 3 (yes, 3) dogs
Yard work
Trash
Paying bills
Did I miss anything?

And, in between all of that, I try to interact with my kids, spend time with my mom, sister and her kids.
Friends? I need to MAKE time for those nitches.
Dating? LMAO Who has time for that?
Me time? I get about an hour to an hour and a half after the girls go to bed to veg on the couch and catch up on tv and I guess you could count my running and CrossFit as 'me' time as well.
What about when the girls are with their dad, you say?
I do get some time then but they typically have games on the weekends and I still attend those. Those weekends are really the only time I have to myself so I tried to get out and go shopping or to lunch with my mom. I make the time for my longer runs and I try to clean up a little more when they're not here but it's too quiet, in the house, when they're gone so I try to get out as much as possible.
Otherwise, I end up talking to my dogs or narrating for them. Yes, I narrate my dogs thoughts, doesn't everybody?

That would sound something like this:
Houla (looking at me with his sad eyes): 'Hey Mama, I miss PeyPey. When's PeyPey gonna be home so I can snuggle with her at night.
Me: I know Houla, I miss our girls, too but they'll be home soon.

We have lots of conversations back and forth, those dogs and I.

I'm not going to lie. It's tough getting it all done. I have nobody to vent to at the end of my day.
Nobody to chat with about struggles or dreams.
Nobody to hug. Well, except the kids and the dogs and most days they are the perfect stand ins but,
you know what?
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I am happier than I ever was being married. Not to bash on my ex-husband even though, at times, I'd like to. ;-)
Not even sure why I'm telling you all this.
I'm not looking for sympathy.
I am happy.
I have been asked how I manage to do it all. Juggle everything.
I have to admit, I'm pretty rock star but my house is not spotless, the laundry piles up and the dishes can wait a day or two at times. That being sad, my house is also not a pig sty.
I get by.
The girls help out a lot.
Or as my sister used to say, I must have a horseshoe stuck up my ass because things always seem to fall in place for me.





No comments: