Friday, March 1, 2013

beastmode



I actually enjoyed this WOD (Workout Of the Day for you newbies) except for the Wall Climbs which should be more aptly named 'Wall Falls' because that's pretty much what I did.
They are hard to explain but facing away from the wall, hands on the ground, you put your feet up on the wall (you start out facing away from the wall, here peeps).
Walk your feet up (legs straight) while you walk your hands closer into the wall.
Basically a handstand.
Then, you walk your hands back out away from the wall and let your feet slide down.
or
in my case you fall down...off the wall.
Got it?
Good.

Now, for T2B (Toes to Bar)
Do Wall Falls Climbs 5x and then head over the to rack, hang from the bar above you and pull your toes all the way up to your hands.
Right?
Wrong.
If you're still a weakling like moi, you hang from the bar and pull your knees up as close to your elbows as possible.

That last thing on the list?
Those back squats?
That's what's going to help your ass look like it hasn't slid down the back of your legs.
It's just a squat while holding a bar across your back.
It looks something like this:

No, that's not me (although strangely enough, I think she kind of resembles me). I'm not sure I even went down that far.
I back squated with 95# and
That's the most I've ever done!
That was some heavy shit, right there!

Then for the post WOD?
Just an easy 200 sit ups.
No biggie.

Now onto an Advocare update.
I stopped coffee today after weaning myself for the past 1 1/2 weeks and
I started the Spark, Catalyst and ThermoPlus today.
All three before breakfast and before lunch.
I'm also going to drink another Spark and take the Catalyst before CrossFit tonight.

Oh and my weight this morning?
159.6 
And, I don't plan on going back into those 160's anytime soon.





No comments: