Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 8 means 16 days left!

I knew today would be a little off for me since I slept in a bit and was on the go. 
Let's bullet point the boring, nitty gritty.
  • woke up and downed 3 Catalyst
  • 30 min later - Spark mixed with fiber drink (don't think, just swallow)
  • 1 egg, 2 egg whites scrambled w/ spinach
  • clementine
  • crossfit - lots of core work, 100 slam balls w/ 20# and a 1 mile run
  • Meal Replacement shake for lunch
  • grocery shopping (walking through that bakery section sucks ass right now)
  • home and another Spark
  • DELICIOUS snack of 1 banana sauteed in kerrygold butter, topped with raw almond butter and a small amount of organic 70% dark chocolate.

  • Dinner was Spaghetti squash w/ grass fed ground beef and natural, sugar free spaghetti sauce. 
So, for those of you who know me pretty well know how much I hate to cook. I loathe it really. 

This? Totally me. I.am.not.kidding.

So, I spent the better part of 2 hours in the kitchen today. 
Preparing the spaghetti squash.
It was actually super easy. 
Just cut it in half (carefully, those suckers are a bit hard to cut into)

Scoop out all the gunk from the middle and place that sucker skin side up, on a cookie sheet, in a 425* oven for about 35 minutes.
You'll know it's done when you can press the skin, with your finger, and it makes a bit of an indentation.
Remove from the oven (duh) and let it cool off (another duh). Then, just take a fork and scrape all the 'squash' out. 
I forgot to get a picture but  it totally looks like spaghetti! 
Ah-mazing!

So, while the spaghetti squash was in the oven I was prepping my food for the week. 
I chopped all my veggies, made homemade guac (DE-LISH) and got my chicken, for tomorrow, marinating.

Who is this person and what the hell has she done with the real Jenny?
And, I actually enjoyed being in the kitchen today! 
Crazy, huh? Is it a full moon? Is the world coming to an end?

I know, I know, the excitement of my life is just keeping you all on the edge of your seat, right? 
Laters.






No comments: