Friday, January 25, 2013

It's been awhile

I know it's been a minute since I updated. I missed an entire week of CrossFit due to work but I did go last night and am hoping that I'm back in the game. 

I've been working 7a-9p quite a few days in the last week and it's cutting into my 'me' time of running and crossfitting. The scale is down a bit, though at 162lbs this morning. I'll take it. 

Last night's WOD was good and mostly lower body.

Max Rounds - 5 rounds at 3 min
3x deadlifts - (I think I did about 75lbs. The guy's bar plus 20lbs)
6x box jumps ( I did step ups as I'm still scared to jump)
9x Kettle bell swings - 18lb but I feel like I could go up in weight here

2 2/3 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 3 1/3

I know that makes no sense to most people but basically, for the first round, I got 2 2/3 meaning I was able to complete 2 rounds of the above and get through the deadlifts and box jumps before time was called.

I contemplating going tomorrow (Saturday morning) as well. I hear Saturday's are typically partner WOD's and I hate anything partner and that it's usually brutal. I know I'll be glad I went after it's all over. 

Funny note: Yesterday afternoon, I was talking to Lulu and mentioned that I was a little nervous about going back since I haven't been in a week. Lulu told me that, in life, when you're afraid of something, you basically have to face your fear and just do it. Then you won't be afraid anymore. This, from my 8 year old. Thanks Lu, you were right.

No comments: