Tuesday, January 15, 2013

That's What She Said

Crossfit last night was brutal and I damn near passed out. 

Here's the WOD:

18-15-12-9-6-3

Burpee box jumps
kettlebell swings (18#)
moutain climbers
sumo deadlift highups (65#, 45#)
wall balls (10#)

Finished in 25:54

So, we got all of our equipment set up and I grabbed a 20inch box instead of an 18 inch (see below for what a box looks like). Before the workout started, I decided to attempt a jump since I had only done them once before. let's just say that 2 inches, on a box jump, really does make a big difference.




I bit it. I slammed my shin so hard into the corner of the box that I nearly passed out. I started sweating immediately and my leg was freaking throbbing. It swelled and bruised almost immediately, too.  Ugh! They gave me a couple of minutes to gather myself before they started the workout. I decided not to do the jumps and instead did step ups. I managed to get through the workout and felt great thanks to the adrenaline. Once I stopped, all the pain came rushing back.

I iced on and off last night and took a pain killer before bed. It's feeling a teensy bit better today as long as I'm icing it. I think I also did the sumo deadlifts wrong as my lower back is bothering me today. :sigh:

ETA: About the wine from last night. I know I shouldn't have had any but I was in so much pain last night and wanted something additional to numb it. lol My plan/goal is still to not buy anymore. I'll get there. 

No comments: